using your bbike safely
With a bbike your young child will most certainly be very active and mobile. For that reason, we would like to highlight the importance of safety and encourage you to comply with the following instructions. This will ensure that you and your family have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- bbikes are classified as toy vehicles - they should not be used on public roads;
- bbikes are designed for children between the ages of 2 to 5 years;
- make sure you practise with your child how they can stop their bbike using their feet as brakes;
- do not allow your child to ride on sloped areas until their balance skills and their braking skills are fully developed;
- do not allow them to ride their bbike without adequate adult supervision;
- encouraging your child to wear a helmet while riding their bbike is excellent for their safety as well as instilling good cycling habits for later in life. You might also want to consider other appropriate safety gear such as kneeguards etc;
- ensure that your young child does not ride their bbike near traffic, that they take care at intersections and that they watch out for obstacles;
- do not overload your child's bbike – maximum loading is: 25kg;
- check screws and moving parts regularly. Do not use your bbike if any part appears damaged;
Remember, your young child will be riding their bbike at an age when he/she does not have the capacity to make decisions regarding their own safety.
As an adult supervisor, you should practise close supervision and extreme caution at all times.